Date:      Sun, 31 Jan 1999 04:40:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        dufault@hda.com, wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LINUX clone? sched_yield?

> There's a yield() syscall that is enabled permanently.  Is there any
> harm in untangling it from the POSIX sched_yield()? :-)

I've got a synch_yield() in kern_synch and a call into it from yield()
in kern_thread that duplicates the yield() behavior for the non-RTPRIO,
non-sched_yield() condition.  synch_yield() also KASSERTS
that p == curproc since nothing else makes sense.

However, I've woken up to a gcc SIG 11 during my world build.  This
is from yesterday AM sources and is the first crash for my crash box.

Though I doubt it is my patches I'll look a bit to convince myself.
Prior to this that system has been running a week with a patched world.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval