Date:      Sun, 29 Aug 1999 17:37:38 +1000
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Built-in linker library search paths

Ever since we started using binutils with the move to elf we've been
using linker scripts with library search paths. The genscripts.sh
source from binutils is giving us at least one bogus path all the
time, and the presence of a not-always-appropriate-path (/usr/lib)
the rest of the time. I'd like to remove the search paths altogether,
leaving the gcc LIB_SPEC and LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to get
the /right/ path all the time.

Any objections?

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137