Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 1999 19:19:41 +0930 (CST)
From:      Matthew Thyer <matt@camtech.net.au>
To:        Tom Embt <tom@embt.com>
Cc:        "Gray, David W." <David_W_Gray@tvratings.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compupic - yes, it works.

Some kind of unionfs seems to be required for our compat stuff.

Forgive me if I dont know what I'm talking about but isn't it true
that a unionfs would just override those files in /usr that existed
in the Linux emulation space ?

I suppose there would be problems when Linux binaries would 'see'
FreeBSD libraries and try to use them.

Anyway to help with your trying to find files in /usr I do the following:
- have home directories mounted under /home.
- when I do need to use a dialog box to open a file under /usr I type
  in the directory name first and 'filter' on that (I'm thinking Linux
  Netscape here).  Then you can keep browsing down through sub directories
  if you wish.

--
| Work: Matthew.Thyer@dsto.defence.gov.au | Home: thyerm@camtech.net.au |