Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 1999 20:01:16 -0700
From:      Angus Scott-Fleming <angussf@geoapps.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Feedback on PPP - Pedantic PPP Primer

IMHO this page (and the similar WinNT and Win4wg pages):

    5.1. Configuring Windows 95

    Configuring Windows 95 to act as an attached resource on your LAN is
relatively simple.
    The Windows 95 network configuration must be slightly modified to
use the FreeBSD system
    as the default gateway to the ISP. Perform the following steps:

    Create the Windows 95 "hosts" file:

    In order to connect to the other TCP/IP systems on the LAN you'll
need to create an
    identical copy of the "hosts" file that you installed on the FreeBSD
system in Section 3.4.

      Click the "Start" button; select "Run..."; enter "notepad
\WINDOWS\HOSTS" (without the
            quotes) and click "OK"
      In the editor, enter the addresses and system names from the hosts
file shown in Section 3.4.
      When finished editing, close the notepad application (making sure
that you save the file!).

should include sample \WINDOWS\HOSTS files for your Larry.my.domain
example.  You've included sample FreeBSD pages, why not the Win pages?

IMHO, YMMV, and thanks for the manual.

Also, helpful would be the ability to d/l the PPP Primer for off-line
perusal without generating a lot of paper pages.  But it sure looks like
something I'm going to be using in the near future.  Thanks for putting
it up.