Date:      Sun, 15 Aug 1999 11:24:00 +0000
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ANNOUNCE: Linuxulator on -current now supports RH 6.0

Hi,

It's my pleasure to announce that the Linuxulator on -current now supports
a Red Hat 6.0 installation. To make sure everybody can enjoy (ie test :-)
the improvements, an updated linux_base port can be downloaded from
http://www.FreeBSD.org/~marcel/. As it implies, this  port installs RH 6.0
packages. An updated linux_devtools is in the pipeline.

Please report any bugs concerning the ports to me personally, or to the
freebsd-emulation mailinglist. You can file a PR if you're sure it's the
Linuxulator that's at fault. When filing a PR, use a PR for each single
problem, do not combine multiple problems into a single PR.

FAQ to be:

1) When is this MFC'd?

   I have nothing planned. It all depends on how well it works on
   your machines.

2) But surely, you're getting it into the next -stable release,
   aren't you?

   I would like that, but that simply depends on 1) and how strongly
   everybody feels about it. It's a decision I won't make on my own.

3) When is linux_devtools-6.0 ready?

   When it's on my webpage :-)

4) When is the ports collection updated.

   When I'm close to 100% sure that it doesn't break anything afterwards.
   In other words: at least not before the MFC has taken place (see 1).

5) What if I have other question?

   Ask me or post your question to the above mentioned mailinglist.

Have fun,

--
Marcel Moolenaar                                  mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/