Date:      Sat, 8 May 1999 15:17:01 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
Cc:        dima@tejblum.dnttm.rssi.ru, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wc* routines

On Sat, May 08, 1999 at 12:01:55AM -0400, Thomas David Rivers wrote:
> As far as "finding the file" - I suggest you look at how the locale
> library does this (in fact, I suggest you simply "steal" much of this
> from there) - basically, define a location in /usr/include/paths.h.
> Look there for the file...  if it's not there - well, you didn't
> find it.

Ah, guess what. I have just reread the specs, and realized that all isw*
and tow* routines are supposed to be locale dependent. Arghhhhhh. That does
not make much sense to me, but that's the spec.

So, all I have to do is things like iswXXXX(c) { return isXXXX(c); } for all
of them. This is weird because it simply duplicates existing functions.

Of course it makes my current job much simpler...

Once I am done with that, I will continue my work on locale indenpendent
functions, except, obviously, not as part of the C library. Unless we can
convince the Posix people to make those part of the standard too... After all,
they will be available under BSD licence for anyone to port anywhere.

Adam