Date:      Sun, 20 Jun 1999 12:54:02 +0200
From:      Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP and Celerons...

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 19, 1999 at 01:03:10PM -0400, Marc Nicholas wrote:
> Hmmm...I always thought there was something "broke" inside Celerons to
> prevent SMP...maybe I'm wrong? Sure would be neat if you could run them
> SMP...
Since ca. 2 weeks I'm steadily 'beating the hell' out of this
system:
    Gigabyte dual slot-1 mainboard
    2 x Celeron 466 MHz
    128 MByte SDRAM
    AHA 2940 U2W
    2 x IBM DDRS 9 GByte
    running 3.2-stable

The PPGA-Celeri are mounted on S370<->Socket-1 adapter-boards with
this 'magic' Celeron-SMP-Jumper.

I was in need of a rather cheap SMP-play-system and an inexpensive
'software-build-server'. Yes, I know this system has a bottleneck
concerning memory bandwith, but I wasn't able to get a pair of
'over-clockable' Celeri 300A.

-Andreas

--
: TSE TeleService GmbH  :  Gsf: Arne Reuter        :                 :
: Hovestrasse 14        :       Andreas Braukmann  : We do it with   :