Date:      Wed, 6 Jan 1999 11:30:49 +0800 (SGT)
From:      Calvin NG <calvinng@brel.com>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Summary: NetFinity 5500-41U, cannot detect SCSI controller

Greetings,

  After receiving Mike's reply that ServeRAID is really not
  supported.  This is in the TROUBLE.TXT somewhere.  I have
  given up on it, and went out to purchase an Adaptec 2940U2W.
  After a couple of hours fiddling, finally got it working, I mean
  the SCSI card. Installing the latest FreeBSD is of course a breeze.

  Only problem I had is when I first install my new SCSI card, the
  system did not detect it.  A few words with the IBM tech support
  engr told me that which slot I put it in is important.  I have
  to install it at the first slot to get the Netfinity to recognise
  the SCSI card.  After that everything went smoothly.

  My first impression of FreeBSD on the Netfinity, now a couple
  of hours old, is that everything runs so fast.  I think the
  Ultra-2 architecture, the 256MB RAM, and the 400MHz PII helps
  a lot.  :-)

  Thanks, Mike.
  Thanks, everyone.

Regards,