Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 1999 10:26:28 +0100 (MET)
From:      Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
To:        hm@hcs.de
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I4B support for US ISDN?

Hellmuth wrote:

> What
> is needed is a FreeBSD machine with a passive card using the standard
> Siemens chipset connected to an ISDN S0 bus or U ref point. Currently
> i have no idea, whether in the US the S0 bus or U ref point is the
> preferred connection
[..]
> It is at least difficult to find authorative answers to those questions
> from Europe. Over here i at least had a chance to tap an S0 bus, look at
> the data on the D-channel and compare that to standard texts until i
> found the right one ;-)

The ideal setup would be two machines at an S0 bus, three already supported
cards and the special cabling to run isdntrace in analyzer mode on one
of the machines. I don't know if such cabling could be done for an U ref point.

Of course the machines could run NetBSD as well ;-)

I'll be in California for SIGGRAPH in August, if we can arrange something
at that time I'll be glad to get this project going...

Martin