Date:      Sun, 7 Nov 1999 10:45:46 +0100
From:      Frank Louwers <frank@zeus.rug.ac.be>
To:        William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
Cc:        Eric Hedstrom <erich@jacinto.yi.org>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vidcontrol on a IBM Thinkpad 770E

On Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 05:58:22PM -0800, William Woods wrote:
> What would I look for in the BIOS...

Well, I have a TP760CD, and here it is something controlled by the thinkpad
utils. Boot from a dos disk with the TP stuff installed and issue the command:
ps2.exe expn on (or something like that, i don't have my tp around).
(a ps2.exe help | more will do miracles :))

BUT, i don't do this on my 760. Why?

1) it is only 800x600, so the screen is not that small

2) the letters are just plain ugly!

3) if i don't use it, i can still get a bigger screen using vidcontrol
mode 80x30. It doesn't get as big as normal, but still makes some difference,
and you get 5 more lines :)

If I am correct, your 770 will allow resolutions up to 1024, no? So maybe
you can even use mode 80x43 ...

Hope this helps,

Frank

--
Frank Louwers                                      Unix System Administrator
PGP ID:          0x0AFB3FBB