Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 1999 20:06:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org (Free BSD Multimedia List)
Subject:   Why is the volume so low on my laptop?

	I have a new HP Omnibook 7100. It has a SB Pro comaptabile sound
	chipset. At boot time it is recongnized as such. I am useing
	speak_freely to generate certain vocal messages, on my FreebSD
	machines. On this machine, the volume is so low as to almost
	inaudiable. I have the volu,e control knob turned all the way up.

	Under NT the volume of this hardware is loud enouhg to hear.

	What should I check?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    843-745-3154
Westvaco