Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 1999 14:12:17 -0500
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>
To:        FreeBSD-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Compaq Business Audio (old)

Hi,
I have an old Compaq Deskpro /i running FreeBSD 3.3-Release. The card is
supposed to be compatible with Microsoft Sound System but I had never
got it working with FreeBSD. I say "had" because the latest release
succesfully works but with a very low volume:

pcm0 at 0x530 irq 11 drq 1 flags 0x9100 on isa
mss_attach <mss>0 at 0x530 irq 11 dma 1:1 flags 0x9100

Full duplex (flag 0x13) doesn't work, but the card supports it.

I would like to try to get this working properly (the volume first then
maybe full duplex), Any recommendations (or patches)?

TIA,

    Pedro.

(Please include me in the reply since I'm not yet subscribed to
-multimedia)