Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 16:12:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Grzegorz Malinka <maliniak@demo.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pppd+tacacs

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Grzegorz Malinka wrote:

> Where can I find a pppd deamon with tacacs support for BSD?

I don't really know what tacacs does, but I've seen it referenced as a PAM
module. pppd will (theoretically) work with PAM, although possibly not the
version currently in the base tree.

I've got some mostly-finished patches to update our in-tree pppd to 2.3.9
(which was the latest version at the time), but it compiles out-of-the box
if you grab the code yourself.

You can probably get something working with PAM and a tacacs PAM module
(look on www.us.kernel.org, I couldn't find the exact URL of the page with
all the modules listed).

Good luck!
Kris