Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 1999 23:09:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Colin <cwass99@home.com>
To:        freebsd-qa@freebsd.org
Subject:   A Start

    Well, the mailing list works ;)

     Due to a rather dramatic oops on my part, I have managed to confirm that
the upgrade from 3.0-release (aout) to the latest 3.3-stable(elf) that we're
testing works well ;)
     The only comment I would make on this adventure is that we probably need
more complete documentation on this process in the handbook.  Because I've done
this before, it wasn't that painful, but the process is not intuitive and it's
not really well documented outside the Makefile.
     I'm guessing most "newbies" would be more than a little dismayed to
see comments about replacing boot-blocks, or worse, messages about incompatible
kernel types on reboot after an upgrade.
E-Mail: Colin <cwass99@home.com>