Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 1999 00:09:24 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Thomas Hofmann <Tho.Hofmann@t-online.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help on loader.conf

Thomas Hofmann wrote:

> Hi.,
> I missed ti configure my ethernet card correctly in the beginning of
> instalation
> I can reconfigure only temporarily now with UserConfig .
> But when I boot next time all parameters are lost.
> Can I give these parameters to some file in loader.conf or kernel.conf?
> and if Yes how is th format.
> Or do I have to reinstall the whole system or make a new kernel to get
> along?

You didn't say what system you were using. I am running 3.3Stable and
my NIC parameters go into /etc/rc.conf. I have an ifconfig_fxp0 and a
network_interfaces. I use my FreeBSD system as my demand dial router
but that is the next level of information. Get your NIC running first.

Kent

> If you can help me I'd be glad
>
> Yours
>
> Thomas Hofmann

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html