Date:      Sun, 5 Sep 1999 04:57:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: another local DoS fix (PR ???)

It would be nice to replace all access of fp with getfp() and have it release.
It would make a lot of sense, and perhaps it could also be used with a
lock system to make it closer to possible to push down the lock for
this area. Processes could share file descriptors in SMP and not
have race conditions there! I like lockmgr (maybe I'm insane...) but I'd
like to know if there's anything faster that works. Didn't you say
something about qlocks a long time ago? I wouldn't mind having a
faster lock.

--
 Brian Fundakowski Feldman           /  "Any sufficiently advanced bug is    \
 green@FreeBSD.org                   |   indistinguishable from a feature."  |