Date:      Sun, 05 Dec 1999 20:41:57 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Chris Csanady <cc@137.org>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: incorrect irqs with pci devices

You need to send this to the right list, for starters.  You might also
consider wrapping your messages at some sane boundary so that it's
possible to reply to them cleanly.

>>> Yes, it is a SMP box, and yes, the devices work fine. I just thought it
>>> was odd that the kernel would report incorrect ones.
>>
>> They are not incorrect.  SMP uses a different interrupt system.
>
> They are on my box, where incorrect is defined as the interrupts not reaching
> their supposed destination.  I would really like to fix this, but I don't
> know enough about exactly what is wrong.  Any ideas would really be
> appreciated, as I would like to remove my disgusting hack. :)
>
> I have an AMI raid controller that the system reports that it is on irq 11.
> The problem is that the interrupts actually go to irq 17.  If I hard wire
> them with

Standard reporting procedure for this sort of bug involves sending this
list the output of the 'mptable' command.  You should make sure that your
system is configured for MP 1.4, not MP 1.1, and that you have the system
set for '24 interrupt mode', rather than '16 interrupt mode' (there are
various other names applied to these modes depending on your BIOS vendor).