Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:03:00 -0700
From:      "Lyndon Griffin" <lgriffin@naviant.com>
To:        "freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: 32-bit sparc port

> 	I currently have my eye on three books.  One is a hardcover
> red book,
> something like design and implementation of a 4.4 BSD operating
> system.  One
> is the Lions' Commentary on System 6.  The last is SPARC
> Architecture manual
> version 8.  I have purchased none of these, yet.  If anyone has other or
> better suggestions, I would appreciate it.

I found another good book - $71 US.  It's called "Sparc Architecture,
Assembly Language Programming, & C" by a guy with the surname Paul, and is
published by Prentice Hall.  Unfortunately, I didn't have enough cash on me
to pick it up, but here's the interesting part - All the books that I
mentioned above were GONE from the shelves of the bookstore in Sunnyvale
that I planned to purchase them from following my last post.  Does that
strike anyone as odd?  Or does everyone on this list go to the same
bookstore that I do?

<:)  Lyndon