Date:      Mon, 08 May 2000 21:42:36 EDT
From:      "John Daniels" <jmd526@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org, freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   *BSD RULES! (especially if you *VOTE*)

Hi:

If you have not seen my previous emails asking for your vote for a
native port of Java on *BSD at Sun's Java Developers Connection
(JDC), please vote now (JDC membership is free) at:

* http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4288745.html

If you would like more information, please see:

* http://www.freebsd.org/java

If have voted already, THANK YOU.  Did you know that you have 3
votes? (unethical? Hey I don't make the rules)

Now for some statistics:  Since my first message about 3 weeks ago,
nearly 400 votes have been recorded for the Java on FreeBSD Request
for Enhancement (RFE), an increase of 13.4%!  Our RFE now has 4
times as many votes as the #2 RFE, and as many votes as the next 8.
The more votes that we can get, the more powerful is the *BSD
message to Sun.

FYI: IBM has announced an "early release" of JDK 1.3 on Linux.
Several *BSD friendly folks have started requesting a port of the
IBM JDK in the discussion forum at:

*
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/aw.nsf/discussion?ReadForm&/forum/linuxjdk.nsf/discussion?createdocument
(Look for "FreeBSD support" in the Linux-JDK-1.3.0 discussion list.)

This will be my last "get out the vote" message for a while, as I
think that I have reached most people who care to vote.

Lastly, I would like to thank the FreeBSD Java porting team once
again for their outstanding efforts.  I, myself, am not a part of
the java porting team, just a user who would like to use a native
port and support the *BSD platform.

John

PS Please forward this message to any person, list, or organization
that may want to support this effort.