Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2000 11:21:33 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely.de>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely.de>, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 64bit address space on alpha

On Sun, Jul 18, 1999 at 03:41:12PM +0100, Doug Rabson wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jul 1999, Bernd Walter wrote:

> > > It should be safe to increase MAXDSIZ. The maximum user address space is
> > > about 4T on FreeBSD/alpha. I have programs which mmap about 12G of device
> > > addresses.
> > I tried to compile a kernel with MAXDSIZ set to 128G and got several overflow
> > compiler warnings:
> >
> > Are these realy save to ignore?
>
> I'll check.

Just to get you informed about this point:
It was completely my fault and it took me realy a half year to recheck and
find this stupid thing :(
I put (128*1024*1024*1024) in config following the example in LINT.
The point is that gcc uses an int to calculate the number behind.
Now that I'm using a constant everything is fine...

--
B.Walter                  COSMO-Project              http://www.cosmo-project.de
ticso@cicely.de             Usergroup                info@cosmo-project.de