Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:22:21 +0200
From:      Andreas Gerstenberg <ripe@teuto.net>
To:        freebsd-atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   which ATM Card for FreeBSD?

Hello,

I'm looking for an ATM-card which ist supported by FreeBSD. I would like to
use it for leased lines which will concentrated on the ATM-Interface. The
Telco company told me the following requirements for this connection:

- STM-1, Single Mode Fiber (quite expensive, I know)
- They will use VPI 1, the VCI's will begins at 100

They also told me that another customer of them is using a Fore/Marconi PCA
200 under Linux. I talked with the administrator there, they had problemes
with VPI 1 because of the Firmware of the card (which will be downloaded)
only support VPI 0, so they had to use a switch to map VPI 1 to VPI 0.

Are there the same limitations of the VPI usage while using the Fore PCA
100 with FreeBSD?

I also would also like to account the traffic on each VPC. Mormally I'm
using SNMP to get the values of
'interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.if(In|Out)Octets'. Of course, this only works
if each VPC have an own Interface which is exported by the snmp-daemon. Did
every VPC have an own interface on the system?

Thank you,
  Andy