Date:      Sun, 9 Jan 2000 15:18:28 +0100
From:      Ronald Kuehn <kuehn@rz.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   rt_sigsuspend (linux) needed for staroffice5 on -stable

Hi,

I'm not sure this is the right list for this. I noted
that the staroffice5 port (tested with ports/german/staroffice5)
doesn't work under -stable (as of today). During installation
it tries to run setup.bin which dies with SIGSYS (12).
It turns out that it wants to call rt_sigsuspend.
This is not present in -stable as of now. Would it be
possible to MFC it? Yes, I read the mail from Marcel Moolenaar
from (1999-12-30) about it:

"rt_sigsuspend should not be implemented on -stable, because it breaks
 more than it fixes. setresuid is not implemented in -current (yet)."

So is there no chance at all to get staroffice 5.1a running on -stable?

Bye,
  Ronald