Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2000 09:23:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Emulation)
Subject:   Help, please with JRE under Linux emulation

	I am trying to install Oracle 8I frp Linux on my 4.0 STANLE machine. I
	have read teh section of the Handbook realting to this, and done as it
	sugested.

	However somehow I have come up missing, what I assume is, the Java
	Runtime Environmnet.

	When I run the Oracle installler, I get:

	Initializing Java Virtual Machine from /usr/local/jre/bin/jre. Please
	wait...
	Error in CreateOUIProcess(): -1
	: No such file or directory

	Now, since I am runing /compat/bin/bash, when this occuts, I would
	think that the real path it is looking for would be
	/compat/linux/usr/local/jre/nin/jre, and indeed there is no such fie.

	I am by no means familar with JAVA, but I am geussing that this must be
	the Java Runtime Environment (for Linux).

	I probably need to install some port to get thsi. I have installed
	these ports, thinking that they might be it:

	/usr/ports/java/linux-jdk
	/usr/ports/hava/jdk

	but I still done't have the file the installer is looking for.

	Could someone tell me what port I need to install to get this file? Or
	how I may obtain it? Perhaps I need to download some RPM and install
	it? I have instlled the RPM port, if this is what I ned to do,

	Thanks.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems