Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 2000 03:39:07 -0400
From:      "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.1-RC + SBLive + ECC = NMI

I upgraded to 4.1-RC1 today; attempted to fire up esound and my system hung.

I rebooted into X, fired up esound from text mode and system hung again
with a message that an NMI was caught.

I remember that the SBLive has some issues with ECC systems, resulting in
some NMIs being thrown.  It would appear that some of the recent fixes in
emu10k1.c v1.6.2.1 tickle this behavior.  I am going to try to back-out to
1.6 and see if this resolves the issue.  Has anyone else experienced this?
Can I whap creative for producing such great hardware? :)

--
David Cross                               | email: crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Lab Director                              | Rm: 308 Lally Hall