Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 14:43:49 +1100
From:      jesse reynolds <jesse@va.com.au>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   scsi-2 and ultra-wide scsi in the same server...

Hi folx

I have a Compaq Prosignia server, quite and old one, it's a 90MHz
pentium machine with a scsi-2 controller on the motherboard and two
1gb scsi-2 disks.

Is there any issues with putting a Symbios dual channel ultra-wide
scsi controller into this machine? will FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE find the
new two controllers OK and leave the onboard scsi as controller 0?

Also, does anyone know if I can put ATA disks in this machine? It
doesn't have any ide/ata drives in there at the moment, but as it's a
PC (that was running NT when I got it) I assume it would have IDE
controllers? Could I put a 16Gb ATA drive in it?

Thanks

-jesse

--
       Jesse Reynolds - Virtual Artists Pty Ltd - http://www.va.com.au