Date:      Sun, 02 Apr 2000 12:49:43 -0700
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD / XFree86 and "digital" VGA-LCD cards?

I suppose I should really be asking the XFree86 folks. Still.
I am considering purchasing a ViewSonic VP-181 LCD monitor
to replace my old chunk of garbage. Depending on where you
look on ViewSonic's site, the resolution is either 1280x1024
or 1600x1200. Either is fine with me. :-)

One nice feature is that it has dual inputs. So I can start
off with my ATI VGA card controlling it, and later perhaps shift
to a digital VGA card. Unfortunately, I am not very familiar
with Digital VGA cards (presumably with a different interface
specially made for controlling LCD monitors). Has anyone
been there and done that? Can any such person offer any advice?

Thanks in advance.