Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 02:25:51 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Edward Wolpert <wolpert@methodsystems.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ejboss, java 1.2.2p9 install crashes

I've done a bit of digging on this one and thought I would share what I've
found in case others are digging too :).

Edward Wolpert wrote:
> Folks-
>
>   I've downloaded ejboss (www.ejboss.org) EJB server and the spyderMQ JMS
> system as well. The installer uses installAnywhere. The EJBServer installed
> correctly (Haven't run it yet) but the spyderMQ crashes out. (Well.. almost)
> It starts an exception stack, and just hangs. Also, the startup 'gif' stays
> on the window... the output is this:
>
> bash-2.03$ java -cp sypdermqinstall.zip install
> java in free(): warning: chunk is already free.

Ok, this one is caused by OpenMotif (you won't see it if you're using Lesstif).
I'm not going to chase after this since I'm not particularly interested in
debugging Motif libraries at the moment ;).

> Exception in thread "main"

Interestingly, this also occurs when I use the Blackdown Linux JDK 1.2.2 RC4
under Linuxulation.  Doesn't make it any less of a bug of course.  I'm keen
to hear what happens with the Solaris and Windows JDKs.

Unfortunately I haven't got more of a handle on it yet.  Maybe I need to
read the gdb manual to get it work better with debugging the JDK.

> And it just stops there. I built the JDK using patch 9, on FBSD4.0.

I also tried with patchset 8, no difference (nor did I expect one, I was
just being thorough).

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083