Date:      Sun, 3 Dec 2000 22:33:00 EST
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml.ventu@flashnet.it>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp server help: found out!

Hello there!

This is what I sent some days ago:

>I'm trying to set up a ppp server on a 4.1.1-R system; the modem answers correctly, but I
>get the following in /var/log/ppp.log:

Now, I did some research and what I found out is that ppp does not de-HDLC-fy the packets it
receives: it behaves correctly when I dial out to my ISP through my ISDN card, but it does
not remove the hdlc header before giving the packet to LCP when I use it as a server on my
modem.
Similarly it does not add the HDLC header and terminations to packets it sends, so the peer
complains about fcs errors.

Right now I'm using pppd which behaves correctly, but in the end I'd rather be using
user-ppp. Do anyone knows how to force it to use hdlc (if I "set log hdlc", I see no message
at all)?
Did I found a bug in 4.1.1-R?

 Bye & Thanks
	av.