Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 2000 11:41:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Omachonu Ogali <oogali@intranova.net>
To:        Mike Wade <mwade@cdc.net>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Journaling Flash File System (JFFS)

Wouldn't mounting the flash device as read-only achieve the same effect?
(No, I don't know much about flash devices, if that was your next
question).

On Sat, 29 Apr 2000, Mike Wade wrote:

> It seems there is a journal flash file system available for Linux
> now.  Information can be obtained from:
>
> http://www.developer.axis.com/software/jffs/
>
> "JFFS is the Journaling Flash File System developed by Axis Communications
> in Sweden, aimed at providing a crash/powerdown-safe filesystem for
> disk-less embedded devices. It is released under the GPL, and the current
> version works for the Linux 2.0 kernel series and memory-mapped
> industry-standard flash-memories (aka NOR-flashes)."
>
> I certainly wouldn't mind seeing something like this for PicoBSD...
>
> ---
> Mike Wade (mwade@cdc.net)
> Director of Systems Administration
> CDC Internet, Inc.

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-small" in the body of the message

| Omachonu Ogali                                     oogali@intranova.net |
| Intranova Networking Group                 http://tribune.intranova.net |
| PGP Key ID:                                                  0xBFE60839 |
| PGP Fingerprint:       C8 51 14 FD 2A 87 53 D1  E3 AA 12 12 01 93 BD 34 |