Date:      29 Jun 2000 15:24:07 -0400
From:      Jack Twilley <jmt@tbe.net>
To:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Status of FreeBSD on the Sparc architecture?

I have a home network of four machines -- firewall, server,
workstation, laptop -- plus another eight or nine machines used for
different purposes.  I'm evaluating FreeBSD as a replacement for
Linux, and so far it looks good.  My only concern is that I can't find
any information about the status of FreeBSD on the Sparc.  My
firewall's a Sparc, and I'd want it to run FreeBSD just like the rest
of the network.

I have four or five years' experience doing the sysadmin thing, and I
know my way around a compiler.  I can write bug reports, and can go
through documentation looking for errors.  I'm a little nervous about
writing new code, but I have a little skill at finding bugs in other
people's code.  I can dedicate ten to fifteen hours a week to helping
make this work, if it'll really work.

Anyone know what's up with this?

Jack.
(not yet on the list.)