Date:      Sun, 07 May 2000 16:12:07 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Henk Wevers <wevers@cg.nu>
Cc:        Alexander Frolkin <alexander@frolkin.demon.co.uk>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FW: ps does not work after a cvsupdate to 4.0-STABLE

Henk Wevers wrote:

> It just looks like ps does not see the proc filesystem. Offcourse
> i have options PROCFS in the kernel!
> If i umount /proc, the same message i get from ps.

ps doesn't use /proc. The problem you see is one of mismatch between:

libkvm and ps or
kernel and libkvm

If you make (and install) both world and kernel, the problem ought to
disappear.

MMmmmm... people who do not use /boot/loader and boot /kernel directly
from boot2 also see some similar problem.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"I agree whole heartily! Who am I to disagree with a wacko like you."