Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2000 02:05:19 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        micheloo@xs4all.nl (Michel Oosterhof)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic when installing port linux_base

In message <8j2oeq$a16$1@xs3.xs4all.nl> Michel Oosterhof writes:
: My system panics when i try to install the linux_base port.
: It's a 4.0-STABLE system. 'make' works fine, and downloads
: the software. 'make install' does install ldconfig, but
: then reboots my system.

Make sure that your kernel and userland are exactly in sync.  The
modules that are build as part of make buildworld and installed in
installworld must match the kernel that you've installed.  Otherwise,
the linux abi implemetnation module that we have may crash your
machine when it is used.  I think it is used at the end of make
install to run the Linux ldconfig you just installed.

Warner