Date:      Sun, 2 Sep 2001 12:21:25 -0700
From:      David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>, John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMD defaults? (was: Re: Tuning UDP for NFS)

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 11:55:04AM -0700, Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group wrote:
> In message <20010901134303.X81307@elvis.mu.org>, Alfred Perlstein
> writes:
> > Any AMD gurus in the house?
> >
> > Alfred Perlstein  <bright@mu.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Using UDP is usually a bad idea, I would use tcp, I find that these
> > > flags make for a decent mount point that's quite fast:
> > >   rw,tcp,intr,nfsv3,-w=32768,-r=32768
>
> I'm far from being an amd guru, however I've been running
> am-utils-6.0[79] on FreeBSD for the past few months.  Am-utils >= 6.07
> does support rdirplus.  If you want to try it yourself download a copy
> of am-utils-6.09

Where is 6.09??  The latest on the am-utils ftp site is 6.0.7.

> I can send you a patch that will
> update some makefiles in the source tree to allow am-utils-6.09 to
> compile.

Unfortunatly your patch does not go any where near far enough.
How well did you test the resulting Amd?  Are you saying that all the
changes in src/contrib/amd can be tossed?

    (cd /usr/src/contrib/amd && cvs -q diff -r amd_6_0_7)

--
-- David    (obrien@FreeBSD.org)