Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:57:28 -0400
From:      "David Brinks" <brinks@power-net.net>
To:        <freebsd-atm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Marconi PCA200E and 4.4-RC

I am having trouble with IP data packets going on a round trip from my
server to a client on a PVC and have run out of idea on my end.

From this FreeBSD box, I go OC3 into an AFC LET through used as concentrator
type for multiple DSL connections. (each dsl customer will be a unique pvc
back on the OC3)  Might there be something I'm missing or not understanding?
I looked in the src tree for patch as mentioned previous on this list and
appears the patch has been committed.  I'm just very uncertain what could be
wrong...

Any and all hope which anyone can offer would be appreciated..

Thanks. (sig at end of message)

Below is some detailed information on what I have on machine currently.

bash-2.05# uname -a
FreeBSD <machine name> 4.4-RC FreeBSD 4.4-RC #0: Thu Aug 23 15:37:44 EDT

atm.startup.sh looks like:
/sbin/fore_dnld -d /etc
/sbin/atm set netif hfa0 atm 5
/sbin/atm attach hfa0 sigpvc
/sbin/ifconfig atm0 10.200.10.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
/sbin/ifconfig atm1 10.200.11.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
/sbin/ifconfig atm2 10.200.12.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
/sbin/ifconfig atm3 10.200.13.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
/sbin/atm add pvc hfa0 0 55 aal5 snap ip atm0 10.200.10.5

Kernel ATM options currently compiled in include :
options         ATM_CORE        # core ATM protocol family
options         ATM_IP          # IP over ATM support
options         ATM_SIGPVC      # SIGPVC signalling manager for atm
device          hea             # Efficients ENI-155p ATM PCI card
device          hfa             # Fore PCA-200E ATM PCI
pseudo-device   atm
device          en
options         NATM            # Native ATM support
options         ATM_UNI         # UNI signalling manager

bash-2.05# atm sho conf
Intf      Vendor    Model     Media           Bus   Serial No
hfa0      Fore      PCA-200E  OC-3c           PCI   42103
    MAC address = 00:20:48:40:a4:77
    Hardware version = 2.0.1
    Firmware version = 3.0.1
bash-2.05# atm sho int
Interface  Sigmgr   State
hfa0       SIGPVC   ACTIVE
    ATM address = -
    Network interfaces: atm0 - atm4
bash-2.05# atm show stat vcc
                        Input    Input  Input  Output   Output Output
Interface  VPI   VCI     PDUs    Bytes   Errs    PDUs    Bytes   Errs
hfa0         0    55        0        0      0       2      184      0
bash-2.05# atm show stat int
             Input    Input  Input  Output   Output Output    Cmd
Interface     PDUs    Bytes   Errs    PDUs    Bytes   Errs   Errs
hfa0             0        0      0       2      184      0      0

David Brinks -- Power-Net Internet Services -- Network Manager
brinks@power-net.net
Local Office : 402 N. Mission, Mt.Pleasant, MI 48858
Phone : 989.772.1121  Fax : 989.772.8008