Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:10:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        freebsd-standards@bostonradio.org, audit@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Latest version of mega header file POSIX update

I have finally produced another version of the big header file patch
for people to look at.  I'm still running an older (January) kernel
and world based on these changes.  I have verified that these still
build on i386-architecture systems.  I'm looking for some people to do
the following:

1) Look at the changes to machine-dependent i386 headers and make
analogous changes, or verify the changes I've made, in the Alpha and
IA64 code.

2) Test it.  I'm interested not only in whether it runs -- I'm fairly
confident of that -- but also in what external software it breaks, if
any.

I'm expecting to make a third pass over the header files once Austin
Group draft 6 is issued.  (Draft 7 is expected to be the final text.)
However, I really, really want to get this checked in so that we can
all have a framework on which to work.

The patch has now gotten too large for some e-mail systems, so I'm
making it available via the Web at
<http://khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu/includes.patch>.

-GAWollman