Date:      Sun, 28 Oct 2001 11:30:40 +0200
From:      Yonatan Bokovza <Yonatan@xpert.com>
To:        'Greg Lehey' <grog@FreeBSD.org>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Stephen McKay <mckay@thehub.com.au>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Course of law (was: Islam (was: Religions (was Re: helping vi ctims of terror)))

In the democracies *I'm* aware of there's something called "war".
A good example of this will be when a one country shoots at
other country's civilians.

> >> Does "attempting to apprehend criminals" include driving tanks into
> >> towns and firing at random?
> >
> > No. And the Israelis are not doing that.
>
> It looks very much like it to me.  What am I missing?

You're missing the long debates on every action, the lists of
hundreds of known terrorists Israel asked the Palestinian Authority
to "apprehend", the real number of those that actually were
arrested  and released a few days later. You're also missing the
fact that the Israelis shoot as a last measure, after peace talks
yielded zilch, and that the tanks are there because the Palestinians
are shooting, nightly, at civilian neighbourhood called "Giloh". No,
it's not a "settlement". It's a neighborhood in Jerusalem, which is
the capital city of Israel. How would you react if other country was
*nightly* shooting at civilians in D.C. ?  Judging by the force used
in Afghanistan, tanks would be the light weapons in use...