Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 2001 17:12:51 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>
To:        Peter Sedivy - PeSe <pese@yhman.tnuni.sk>
Cc:        Clustering FreeBSD <freebsd-cluster@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: testing the connection

-On [20001210 17:30], Peter Sedivy - PeSe (pese@yhman.tnuni.sk) wrote:
>i've decided to build it on FreeBSD. We've got 8 PII300MHz machines with
>64MB RAM.
>Could You help me how to build cluster?
>I have no experiences with clustering, i have some teoretical knowledge
>what cluster is.
>I'm administering some BSD servers so, don't wory. :-}

Well, the problem is that clustering depends on the person implementing
it.

I myself prefer to use the term cluster to denote the boxes which exist
as a single entity to the outside world [call it a black box if you
want] and provide a high availability cluster.

I am not really interested, at the moment, about computing clusters.
That, and I lack knowledge in that area.

I can stil hold my own when it comes to HA clusters.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          VIA Net.Works The Netherlands
BSD: Technical excellence at its best  Network- and systemadministrator