Date:      Fri, 5 Oct 2001 20:41:11 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Fabrizio=20Ravazzini?= <freefabri@yahoo.it>
To:        freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS Alternatives?

Hello all I would like to build a mail/web cluster
server like this:

Machine---+
  A       | +-----+
          +-|Disks|
Machine-----|     |
  B         +-----+

I want the two machines accessing the disk array
(for example the Compaq smart array disk set) at the
same time and load balanced.
I'd like the disks attached at the two machines via
scsi or Ethernet.
To manage the Load Balancing I think to use
Balance.sourceforge.net or Dns RoundRobin.
But to share the disks...
...I've thinked about NFS but we need a third machine
to manage the NFS server for the array.
Then I've found Gfs (Global File System) but seems
only for LinuX.
The problem is that I don't want the single point of
failure which is the NFS server.
Some advices?
Many thanks Bye