Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:27:38 -0700
From:      "Russell Hay" <russhay@hostpro.com>
To:        "'freebsd-config@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-config@freebsd.org>
Subject:   install.cfg and autoinstalling/upgrading

I am trying to use a PXE building system to reinstall a new version of the
operating system onto a large number of boxes.  Basically, each of these
boxes have 1 drive.  On this drive, there is 1 partition, with 5 slices (I
hope I used the right word there).  So basically, I have a /, /usr, /var,
/data, and a swap one.  So what I want to do is have /, /usr, and /var
newfs'd during the install.  I don't want /data touched.  I have read the
man page for sysinstall, and this is what I have come up with for the
configuration file (I've tried a number of different things for the
disklabel section, none of which seems to work):

disk=mlxd0
bootManager=standard
diskPartitionEditor
mlxd0s1a=/
mlxd0s1b=swap
mlxd0s1e=/var
mlxd0s1f=/usr
mlxd0s1g=/data N
diskLabelEditor

Also, I have tried the following changes (this one had the most disasterous
effect):

mlxd0s1-1=ufs 400000 /
mlxd0s1-2=swap 4096000 none
mlxd0s1-3=ufs 400000 /var
mlxd0s1-4=ufs 4096000 /usr

Has anyone done this before?  Obviously, I'm missing something.  Any help
would be great :)

-rch-