Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2001 09:53:27 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Mathias.Picker@virtual-earth.de
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   qtk probs on -current

I have problems building kde on my -current box for some time. I
re-cvsuped yesterday, but the problem remains.

I did post this on -ports, and got an explanation from John Polstra
(http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=861732+865021+/usr/local/www/db/text/2001/freebsd-ports/20010708.freebsd-ports)
ending with:

> ldd /usr/X11R6/bin/uic
> [...]
>       NEEDED      crtn.o

> The last line is the reason for the error message.  I built the qt23
> port on my -current machine and observed the same thing.  (The "uic"
> program comes from the qt23 port.)  This is almost certainly caused by
> an "ld" bug in the new version of binutils (2.11.2).  I haven't tried
> to debug it, and I don't know if/when I'll have time.  It's possible
> this has already been fixed by the binutils team.  I imagine they
> would stumble onto it pretty quickly themselves.

So, is the binutils team aware of this problem? Is someone looking into
this?

I just want to know so I have an idea when I can try next - retrying
with the same error gets frustrating - and I'm not good enough to try to
fix this myself...

Cheers, Mathias

--
                            virtual earth