Date:      Sun, 4 Mar 2001 10:45:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve Quirk <squirk@home.com>
To:        Mike Squires <mikes@ct980320-b.blmngtn1.in.home.com>, <strbenjr@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Oracle816 install

I've got 8.1.6 installed.  I installed it quite a while ago (July), so I
don't recall the exact magic involved.  IIRC, I installed on a linux
system and moved everything (after trying quite a few things).

  cc677580-a> sqlplus

  SQL*Plus: Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production on Sun Mar 4 10:36:08 2001

  (c) Copyright 1999 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

  Enter user-name:^C

  cc677580-a> uname -v
  FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE #2: Tue Feb 20 12:18:47 EST 2001

Followups to database.

Steve