Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 00:06:20 -0800
From:      "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net>, emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VMware2 port fixes [was: Re: Linuxulator MFC and VMware]

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 11:14:33PM -0800, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> Oh, hi Vladimir; I didn't know it was you behind the email.
Hi Marcel,

> > Could you please resend related patches to the vsilyaev@mindspring.com .
>
> I already committed a fix for current. I added a new patch file that
> is used to patch the port on a post-KSE system. See Makefile rev 1.40
> and files/kse.parch rev 1.1.
Good. I saw those patches before and they are look quite stright forward
to me.

Regarding the vmware problems with new linuxulator, I believe it's related
to the current situation with ioctls. The problem there that ioctl's with
the same name (number) are issued to the network layer and to the
device driver (/dev/vmmon) but they may have an different parameter
list and might need an diferent handling.

> If you like, I can change the email address in the makefile,
Yes, please. Probably I should the submit patches and change E-mail in
other ports as well.

--
Thank you,
Vladimir