Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:25:35 +0300
From:      "Ari Suutari" <ari@suutari.iki.fi>
Subject:   Re: Orion on FreeBSD with linux jdk 1.3.0? Err, no.

Hi,

> Is there anyone who is using Orion on FreeBSD regularly with linux JDK
> 1.3.0? I'm trying this, but I can safely say it runs like crap.
>
> Where in JDK 1.2.2 Orion runs in a single process and runs well, the 1.3.0
> version spawns several processes and then proceeds to coredump each and
> every one of them in turn (signal 6). This is FreeBSD 4.3-RC as of last
> friday.
>
> This is on three radically different machines that I've tried. (laptop,
> server, desktop)
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Nothing, I guess :-(

    Altough at least I reported successful runs of Linpack benchmark
    with hotspot VM and linux jdk 1.3, I have been having similar problems
    with more complex apps (like Tomcat or JServ). I have assumed that
    there is something wrong with threads (which Linpack does not
    use but tomcat uses heavily).

        Ari S.