Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2001 13:40:05 -0500
From:      Dylan Carlson <absinthe@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   [newbeb@yahoo.com: Re: Java crashes on FreeBSD?]

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

Hello

Am curious what, if anything (besides heap) are tuneable in the VM?  Also
if people should make any adjustments to the FreeBSD kernel when using
the VM as a heavily-trafficked application server.  I have made a few
adjustments to the kernel, specifically NMBCLUSTERS ... but I would
appreciate any advice that would allow our VMs to scale and perform
better under FreeBSD.

Wondering how many of you are using RMI and the 1.3.1 patchset 5 build
under Tomcat 3.2.3?  Would like to compare notes.

As a third, but much less important question -- I have not had any luck
trying to build a VM with native threads using the 1.3.1 port/patchset
5.  Are there any instructions towards this?  We would like to build a
VM with native threads (even if it is "alpha-quality code") to test it
running under Tomcat first, then our RMI apps second.

Cheers,
--
  Dylan Carlson (absinthe@pobox.com)

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS