Date:      Sun, 23 Sep 2001 23:19:02 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Here come the PRs..

--LpQ9ahxlCli8rRTG

  This list is normally completely dead but I really feel that
sysinstall PRs should be sent here.  The charter of this list says
that its for "quality assurance, usually pending a release" and I feel
that sysinstall PRs should be assigned to this list for several
reasons.

  * Most of the "sysinstall PRs" are broad user reports about their
    experiences installing FreeBSD and so would be perfect for
    discussion on this list.

  * sysinstall PRs are notoriously not fun to fix/test.  Assigning
    sysinstall PRs to Jordan, Eric, or myself is a guaranteed way to
    have the PR ignored for some long period of time.

  * Many proposed sysinstall additions change the existing user
    experience in unexpected ways, these changes should be discussed
    in an open forum, and not made by a single developer.

  With that said, I plan on spending some more time looking through
some of the old sysinstall PRs this week.  Hopefully the added
visibility of all these sysinstall bugs will motivate others to join
me. ;)

  Thanks,

    - Murray

--LpQ9ahxlCli8rRTG