Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 00:07:17 -0800
From:      Brian Sobolak <sobolak@mindspring.com>
To:        Diego Zuluaga <dfz101@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: JSP and Servlets in FreeBSD

Hello Diego,

Saturday, November 10, 2001, 11:54:32 PM, you wrote:

DZ> Does anybody know how to install Tomcat or Jserv un
DZ> FreeBSD ???

I've been running Tomcat for quite a while on my FreeBSD box, and it
was no problem to setup.  And it runs fine - been running for months
without and interruptions.  All I did was:

1.  Follow the instructions in the port for installing the latest
Linux jdk, and then applying the patches to make it feel at home in
BSD (easy)

2.  after installation, move the jdk to /usr/local

3.  Setup the jdk to be in my PATH, so that when I run 'java' it
works.

4.  Downloaded the Tomcat server from apache, followed its
installation instructions.

5.  Presto - everything worked like a charm.

Steps 1 - 3 were pretty much the same as installing on Linux.  You
need to make sure you include Linux emulation when you install FreeBSD
however.

Feel free to email me if you have any installation questions....

brian

--
Best regards,
 Brian                            mailto:sobolak@mindspring.com