Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:39:06 +0000
From:      Yoriaki FUJIMORI <fujimori@grafin.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   R4.4 and VIA chip

Dear folks,
I am running FreeBSD on VIA Apollo pro 133a based board.
I run smp kernel on it.  The trouble I see wrt to this
is not necessarily smp-only problem, but let me ask here.

The box runs R4.3 perfectly.  However,..
When I run R4.4 on this box, kernel does not carry out hot reboot
properly.  In the middle of rebooting, kernel fails to see sio1
and ata0/1, so that the system hangs up.
Cold reboot works fine.
Has anyone see a similar symtom on his box?

Meanwhile, I see a similar trouble on FreeBSD/alpha/up1100 that has
got AMD751 etc.

Thanks for for your attention.
Yoriaki Fujimori