Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2001 10:00:22 -0600
From:      Joe Halpin <joe.halpin@attbi.com>
To:        "standards@FreeBSD.ORG" <standards@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   at utility and time format

I don't have a copy of POSIX handy, so I've been going by the Single
Unix Specification V2
(http://www.rdg.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7908799/index.html), which I
understand includes POSIX whole. I'd appreciate it if someone with a
copy of POSIX could verify something for me though.

I'm working on adding the -t option to the at utility. The SUS says that
-t accepts a time spec in the same format as the touch utility. However,
the touch utility described by the SUS
(http://www.rdg.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7908799/xcu/touch.html) has a
different time format than the FreeBSD version of touch. It wants

     -t time
          Use the specified time instead of the current time.
          The option-argument will be a decimal number of the form:

          [[CC]YY]MMDDhhmm[.SS]

          where each two digits represents the following:
          MMThe month of the year [01-12].
          DDThe day of the month [01-31].
          hhThe hour of the day [00-23].
          mmThe minute of the hour [00-59].
          CCThe first two digits of the year (the century).
          YYThe second two digits of the year.
          SSThe second of the minute [00-61].

I'm looking to verify that this is the same as POSIX, because adding
seconds to at will be a much bigger job than just allowing a different
format.

What I was planning on doing was to just convert the -t format into
something at already understands, and then pass that on. If seconds are
in the picture, then I'll have to figure out how to support them.

Thanks

Joe