Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2002 14:57:28 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <Don@Silver-Lynx.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD in school networks - interested?

We have an active project in a middle school in Albuquerque where we
teach the kids digital logic, BSD, Linux and how to think for
themselves. Our PC instruction happens mostly on FreeBSD because those
of us who are active are BSD-oriented, but we sometimes get assistance
from our NMLUG Linux guys. As it is now, we have 2-3 guys at the school
every Friday morning, and we've gotten substantial donations from other
geeks and from some of the parents. The school people are absolutely
blown sky-high by this, but they know it's good and they're bending over
backward to help make it happen.

Don Wilde           http://www.Silver-Lynx.com
Silver Lynx   Embedded Microsystems Architects
2218 Southern Bl. Ste. 12 Rio Rancho, NM 87124
505-891-4175                      FAX 891-4185