Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:49:27 -0400
From:      "Bryan Dina" <bdina@seresc.net>
To:        <alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   netscape 4.78 on freebsd 4.5 freezing

I have netscape communicator installed on freebsd 4.5 and it randomly
freezes, except when viewing ebay and osnews.com.  I at first thought it may
be something java or plugin related, but I think I have exhausted that idea
as I have played with the java settings and such to the point where I am
possibly ruling this out.  I decided to turn to the list for any
suggestions, and maybe someone else has had this happen to them.  I am
running an AlphaStation 200 4/166 with 96MB RAM and a 9.11GB 7200 RPM SCSI
HD.  I am using X 3.3.6 under a Number 9 Vision 64XE (I believe thats what
the card is, but at any rate its a Number 9 with an S3 Trio 64 chip).  I
think thats about all of the information I have, oh... and netscape also
locks up in mail.  Any info would be greatly appreciated as this really
stops me from using my box.  When netscape hoses, the only thing I can do is
ctrl-alt-backspace to kill X, and restart X.  Thanks.

-Bryan